Poison Blackberry Martini is a Halloween inspired classic martini. The purple tones of the blackberry and gel color really gives this an eerie and dark look. It can be done in less than 5 minutes, and in 10 minutes if you make the blackberry syrup now.
It’s an elegant, dark martini for your elegant Halloween party. This Poison Blackberry Martini can easily be multiplied and you can continue the party until dawn – when you need to go back to your cave, coffin or dungeon.
This is the last blackberry post of the year, I promise. I know I have shared a lot of them lately, including blackberry syrup, blackberry glazed brussels sprouts and broccoli and balsamic blackberry basil grilled cheese. You might feel you want something different, but I want to provide you with ways to use your blackberry syrups and balsamic glaze.
So here I am – providing you with a delicious Halloween inspired martini – the Poison Blackberry Martini.
Poison Blackberry Martini – Halloween Cocktail
A rule of thumb when it comes to stirring or shaking a cocktail is that if it contains only alcohol – we stir it. So normally, a martini should be stirred. But in real James Bond fashion, adding blackberry syrup – we shake our Poison Blackberry Martini.
If you haven’t made your blackberry syrup yet, follow this super easy 5 minute recipe. Add gin, vermouth and blackberry syrup to a mixing glass, add ice cubes and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain it through a fine mesh strainer into a martini glass. If you want that extra Halloween flare, add a tiny bit of black food color, stir and then serve. The black color will sink to the bottom eventually, so you may need to stir it again.
If a martini is too strong for you, I have a Black Swan Cranberry Sangria recipe too, that I shared last year. I am drooling over this recipe lately, but I cannot for the life of me find cranberries in the stores yet. Maybe you can!
Get your elegant Halloween party ready
- Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes with Irish Baileys Frosting
- Blackberry Lemon Curd Pavlova Nests
- Easy Delicious Blackberry Syrup
What’s your plans for Halloween?
Let me know, either in the comment section below, or tag me @thegingerwithspice on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
In order to keep the blog up and running this post contains affiliate links, it will be at no extra cost to you, please read the disclosure for more information.
Poison Blackberry Martini
- 5 tbsp gin 2 1/2 oz - may sub for vodka
- 1 tbsp dry vermouth
- 1-2 tbsp blackberry syrup * see recipe in notes below
- Ice cubes
- Black food color ** optional
- If you haven’t made your blackberry syrup yet, follow the blackberry syrup recipe in notes.*
- Add gin, vermouth and blackberry syrup to a mixing glass, add ice cubes and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain it through a fine mesh strainer into a martini glass.
- If you want that extra Halloween flare, add a tiny bit of black food color, stir and then serve.**
Author: Stine Mari from Ginger with Spice