Sore Throat Tea with Honey and Ginger
Sore Throat Tea with Honey and Ginger is a warming, soothing drink that will comfort your throat and still taste amazing with spicy ginger, sweet honey and a little lemon.
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time7 mins
- 2 cups water 1-2 cups (250-500 ml), enough to fill your favorite cup!
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger 1-3, depending on your love for ginger
- 1 tsp fresh mint optional*
- 1 tbsp lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp honey more or less to taste
Slice ginger. Don't bother with peeling the ginger.
Add water to a saucepan, along with the sliced ginger. Bring it up to a boil, and reduce to lowest setting, add in the mint, and let it steep for 5 minutes.
Strain the drink into your favorite cup and mix with honey and fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!
* If you don't have mint, don't sweat it. It's still delicious without it. If you can find the herb lemon verbena, I highly recommend trying that too!
Author: Stine Mari from Ginger with Spice