Chipotle Cheddar Burger with Jalapeños and Chipotle Lime Mayo
Tangy lime and smokey chipotle, fresh salads, savory cheddar and a juicy burger patty, all hugged together by delicious brioche buns - could you ask for more?
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 2 large 7 oz burgers
Chipotle Cheddar Burger
- 400 gr minced beef or meat of choice 14 oz. Divided into two patties. Less meat is also okay.
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smokey paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch chili flakes
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 1/2 lime juice only
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp chipotle paste heaping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 brioche buns
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced into circles
- 1 tomato sliced
- 8 pickled jalapeños
Do not overwork the minced beef. Just loosely form them into balls and flatten them to patties. Brush the patties with Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with a mixture of the seasonings (salt through chili flakes) after you have formed them. Make an indentation in the center of the patty, and it will then stay flatter once grilled.
If you've got a grill, grill them! But a grill pan inside is okay too. Here are some general guidelines:
- Do not press the patties down with the spatula - it releases the juices and you will get a drier patty. Let it be.
- High temperature = more crust.
- Flip the burger only one time, when you see the burger starting to sweat (at about 3-4 minutes). Flipping only one time will also give more crust and texture. Once flipped, add the cheese so it melts nicely.
- Let them rest a few minutes before digging in.
Make the mayo: mix juice of 1/2 lime, 2 heaping tsp of chipotle paste, 4 tbsp mayo, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Serve the chipotle cheddar burger on a lightly toasted brioche bun. I like to begin with a little bit of dressing, salad, tomato, onion, avocado - then the burger patty (with melted cheese) - top with jalapeños and a little bit dressing and add the brioche top.
Did you make it? Tag @thegingerwithspice on Instagram, I'd love to see!
Author: Stine Mari from Ginger with Spice