The Best Green Smoothie Recipe for Upset Stomach
This is the best green smoothie recipe for an upset stomach! It's not only perfect for an upset tummy, it also tastes super delicious and healthy.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 2 cups spinach fresh. Or 2 large handfuls
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice 125 ml
- 1/2 cup coconut water or regular water. 125 ml
- 1 cup water 250 ml
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt or coconut cream. May also just be optional
- 1 cup mango frozen. 250 ml
- 1 banana ripe
- 3/4 cucumber
- 1 inch ginger cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- pinch fennel seeds optional*
Blend the leafy green (spinach in this case) along with the liquid first. This way we make sure that there's no yucky spinach blobs in your smoothie.
Whenever this is all smooth, go ahead and add in your other fruits and vegetables.
I like to taste before pouring into glasses in case I'd like to make any adjustments. If you feel that the smoothie gets too thick, you add more liquid, and if it's too thin, you add more veggies or fruit.
* Note that fennel has a strong licorice taste. You don't need much before you can taste it, so just a small pinch would be advisable. Fennel is great for an upset stomach, but you may omit it if you don't want to risk the fennel flavor.
** You can also make it as a smoothie bowl, just reduce the amount of liquid to just as little as your blender can take. Then add in 2 tbsp of almond flour. Top with fresh fruit and nuts!
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. If you have any specific dietary concerns, please consult with your healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size 1/3
Servings Per Container 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 8.1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.9g
Saturated Fat 0.4g
Trans Fat g
Total Carbohydrate 27.3g
Dietary Fiber 3.2g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.