How many times have you thrown out your bananas because they are too ripe? Now it’s almost the other way around, I want my bananas to get brown and mushy, because now I want to make banana chocolate muffins with them. Yum.
The bananas make the muffins moist, and chocolate, well chocolate is the answer to everything. Even ripe bananas.
And it’s easy.
Banana Chocolate Muffins
Preheat the oven to 190C (375F). Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Throw the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix shortening and sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mash the bananas, the more mashed the smoother the muffin.
Slowly begin adding the flour mixture and bananas into the sugar and egg mixture, alternating between the two. When all the flour and bananas are incorporated, add in the chocolate bits. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full and bake for around 12 minutes.
I know I have used raspberries as my prop for this photograph, but I just looked at them and I knew they had to be used. I mean, look at them.
Let me know how you did! Either tag me @gingerwithspice on Instagram or Facebook or let me know in the comments section. Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ripe Banana Chocolate Muffins
- 30 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- 155 gr flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 65 gr shortening 1/3 cup, Norwegian: Flott matfett
- 135 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 250 gr dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F).
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Mix, in a large bowl, shortening (or melted Flott matfett) and sugar until smooth and then add in the vanilla and eggs.
- Use a fork or something like it to mash the bananas. The more mashed, the smoother the texture of the muffin.
- Alternating between the banana mixture and the flour mixture, slowly start adding them into the sugar mixture.
- When everything is incorporated, start to fold in the chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bars).
- Fill each cup 2/3 full and bake for around 12 minutes.